- Ina May's Guide to Childbirth by Ina May Gaskin
- Birth Reborn by Michel Odent
- Natural Hospital Birth: the Best of Both Worlds by Cynthia Gabriel
- The Caesarian by Michel Odent
- Childbirth without fear by Grantly Dick-Read
- Birthing from Within by Pam England
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynocologists (ACOG)
An organization of women's health care physicians advocating highest standards of practice and public awareness of women's health care issues.
- Spinning Babies
Very helpful information in getting your baby into optimum positions for birth
- Birth Network National Advocates
Advocates for mother-friendly maternity care.
- International Cesarean Awareness Network (ICAN)
An organization dedicated to lowering cesarean rates and supporting vaginal birth after cesarean (VBAC).
- The Bradley Method
Childbirth education for natural childbirth.
- Midwifery Today
Excellent online magazine that focuses on evidence-based midwife-attended birth information.
- Ask Dr. Sears
A comprehensive website offering Dr. Sears' wisdom on pregnancy, birth and parenting.
- Childbirth Connection
An association dedicated to promoting evidence-based maternity care, based on the best available scientific research.
- Coalition for Improving Maternity Services (CIMS)
A coalition dedicated to promoting a wellness model of maternity care.
- Doulas of North America (DONA)
An international certifying organization for birth and postpartum doulas.
- Lamaze International Childbirth